Is it still a vacation blog if you are at home? ...

 We made it home.  It was not easy, but we made it!  What is the best part of "home"? In no particular order, here is how I am feeling...

1. my pillow!

2. seeing my kids (sorry about second place there guys!?!) LOL

3. it is quiet here (and normally I complain that it is loud)

4. not sharing space with 2,000 people

5. my shower

6. .... did I mention my pillow?!

Let's wrap things up with the last couple of days in the U.K.

Carsten and I did an interesting excursion to the Lulworth Rocks.  It is on the UNESCO list of natural places of "Outstanding Universal Value'.  It is basically a coastline with super old rocks.  The movement of the tectonic plates crumpled the rock bed to form tilted rocks and folds, leaving them exposed for our observation. These rocks were formed between 150 and 65 million years ago.

Enough of the science.... here are some pictures.








It was a lovely day with a lot of walking up and down hills.  Great weather and lovely sights.

The ship arrived in South Hampton on June 12.  The cruise is over.  We took an excursion to see the sights of London with the final drop off at Heathrow airport.  Carsten and I and also my parents had been to London before but my Uncle and Aunt had not.  This was a nice review/reminder about what a vibrant city this is.  Some pictures seem appropriate:

Prince Albert Concert Hall


everything was still decorated from the Queens Platinum Jubilee (70 years of rule).
 

Admiralty Arch

Tower of London



The London Eye

Big Ben (that is actually the name of the bell inside the tower but ....)

Uncle Daniel and my dad.

Westminster

It was a great day.... but now we are home... for a while. :)

Sheri & Carsten

Comments

  1. Enjoyed all the pictures and the descriptions of the places you go to see. Looks like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Philippines - Land Days

A minute about Kentucky

Pre-departure Blog - Diving in the Far East